It is simple. If your child is registered in any of our Learn to Play or House League Beach Programs the parents can scrimmage each other on an adjacent court at the same time. Best of all it is free!
Make sure you sign up your child for our beach programs at http://www.scorpionsbeach.ca/learn-to-play--house-league.html
The Scorpions Youth Volleyball Club announces the next steps in the expansion of their summer competitive beach duos volleyball program in Cambridge, ON.
WireService.ca Press Release (03/10/2016_)_ Cambridge, ON The Scorpions Youth Volleyball Club are pleased to provide the details of their growing summer competitive beach volleyball duos program.
The Scorpions Volleyball Club in 2015 had 500 youth in their various beach volleyball programs and camps. They are pleased to announce they will be adding older age groups this summer to their program.
The Scorpions Competitive Beach Duos Volleyball Program for females and males will consist of:
1. An Indoor Spring “Commit to Beach” Volleyball Training Program for youth born 2005-2001 running on Saturdays from April 2nd – May 7th, 2016 at the SportsXcelerator Centre in Brantford 10am-noon. Each player will be evaluated at the end of the program. The program is geared to the new and developing competitive beach player. Cost $60.00
2. Adding a new 18-24 year age group for the competitive duos program. They will meet once a week to scrimmage in Cambridge on beach courts. Cost $95.00
3. Our main competitive duos beach program for youth born 2005- 1999 which will consist of practicing on Tuesday nights in Cambridge and strategy/scrimmages on Thursday night at Emerald Lake. Cost is $250.
4. Replacing existing sand on our courts in Cambridge with professional Olympic quality sand. We will also be adding more sand at our Emerald Lake courts.
5. Hosting Ontario Volleyball Association sanctioned tournaments at Emerald Lake and Grand Bend.
6. Providing funding for our professional beach volleyball coaching staff to further their beach coaching accreditation.
Paul Langan, founder of Scorpions Volleyball Club states, "As the club gets older so do our players. We have added in the 18-24 yr. age group for those who still want to play competitive duos but not commit as much time. We also recognize we must continue to improve our courts and training for our beach staff. 2016 promises to be an exciting season for our competitive beach volleyball program"
CLICK HERE for a link to our radio ad and poster for the upcoming competitive beach season.
For more information go to http://www.scorpionsbeach.ca . You can also email:
scorpions volleyball(at)yahoo.ca or call Paul Langan 519-654-0089.
The new Scorpions duo of Nahya Dalle Vedove and Jaaaziah Colquhoun competed in their first indoor beach tournament of the season on the OVA Winter Beach Tournament and came away with a 3rd place finish.
They were seeded 6th in the Premier division and started the day with a win over the duo of Butean/Eizinga 22-20, 12-21 and 15-9.
Their second match was against Sproule/Drolet, the number 1 seed in the tournament. Nahya and Jaaziah prevailed in another three set match 21-16, 16-21 and 15-10.
They won their quarter final match against Anderson/Sek in straight sets 21-18, 21-13.
In their semi final match the girls came up against a tough serving duo of Vanderbosch/Gill and went down to defeat 12-21, 16-21.
They were disappointed with the the result of the last match but feel extremely optimistic about the upcoming outdoor season.
Looking forward to a great summer of Scorpions Beach!
Kayla Ng Positive Addition to Club
The Scorpions Youth Volleyball Club announces the hiring of Kayla Ng to coach the Scorpions competitive beach duos program.
WireService.ca Press Release (03/02/2016) _Cambridge Ontario - The Scorpions Youth Volleyball Club is looking forward to the upcoming beach volleyball season.
The club will have a comprehensive program including house league and competitive duos. They estimate 400 youth will be registered in their beach program including 25 duos participating in the OVA Beach Tour.
The club has hired Kayla Ng to join the Scorpions Beach Competitive Duos Coaching staff.
Paul Langan, President Scorpions Youth Volleyball Club states, "Hiring Kayla Ng is another step forward in building a strong coaching staff for our summer beach program. Kayla is everything we are looking for in a coach. She is a dynamic, positive person who has represented Canada playing beach internationally.."
Some of the career accomplishments for Kayla are:
Kayla Ng Volleyball background:
- 6 years competitive beach volleyball
- Represented Canada at International University Sports Federation World Beach Championships in 2012
- Represented Canada at NORCECA Tournament in Puerto Rico 2012
- Runner up OVA Player of the year 2013
- 5 years varsity volleyball team (4 years University of Waterloo and 1 year at McMaster University where they were the 2013/2014 OAU Champions)
- 1 year McMaster University Summer Camps
- 2 years Beach Volleyball Summer Training
Registration for all Scorpions Beach Programs is at http://www.scorpionsbeach.ca . For more information contact Paul Langan 519-654-0089.
Everything related to our Scorpions Beach Volleyball Program